Camp Michawana, ‚ÄúWhere Christ is First‚ÄĚ is where youth, young adults, adults and community members can discover and develop lasting, personal relationship with Jesus Christ through the summer camp program, Michawana retreats, and guest groups.
- Bible Based Evangelism and Discipleship – A passion for guests to have the opportunity to receive Jesus Christ as Savior and to continually know Him more deeply. Philippians 3:10-11
- ¬†Christ-like Service – Maintaining a Christ-like attitude; looking to the interests of others, in humility considering them better than ourselves in order to facilitate the work of God in their lives.¬† Philippians 2:3-5
- Genuine Hospitality – Visitors to Michawana are guests in our home and should, at all times, feel welcomed and loved.¬† Romans 12:12-13
- God-Honoring Relevance – A plan for continuous improvement in facilities and programs. 1 Corinthians 9:22-23
- ¬†Unified Teamwork – A commitment of high levels of involvement and ownership by all staff, guests and supporters of Michawana. Teamwork is the process and the product. Romans 12:4-6, Ephesians 4:1-3
- Uncompromising Integrity – A mandate to accept and promote integrity and ethics in everything we do and are, because that is what God expects of us. Mt 5:37, James 1:22-25
- ¬†Good Stewardship – A constant awareness that those things which have been entrusted to us by God – our natural environment, facilities and grounds, our finances and our staff ‚Äď and, as such, should be treated with utmost care and consideration.¬† Psalm 24:1
- Personal Relationships -¬† Michawana is defined by our relationships.¬† They are the core of who we are ‚Äď first to God, then to family, to others, and to nature around us. 1 Thessalonians 2:8
Central to everything we do is the GOOD NEWS that God sent His Son to be the Savior! ¬†We teach campers the gospel and how to share it using bracelets with these 5 colors, an easy way to remember and share the gospel!
Do you know where you will go when you die? We want to share with you how you can be sure that you are going to Heaven! ¬†God sent His Son, Jesus, to take the punishment for your sins. ¬†Anyone who accepts Jesus’ gift will NOT perish but will have eternal life! ¬†Our greatest joy would be to talk to you about Jesus, whether or not you ever come to Camp Michawana. ¬†Please contact us if you have any questions or would like someone to pray for you.